Oh, what a magical day we had on this cold day in St. Louis… I don’t think this little one stopped smiling until long after he fell asleep that night. There’s no better way to explain our day than with a few of our favorite moments….
* The invite.
* Starting with one incredible cake. I’m fortunate to have one of the best cake ladies in St. Louis create cakes for my events… Her name is Beth and she is so amazing to work with… plus she creates the most creative (and delicious!) cakes.
* Check out Jacob’s oversized cupcake… complete with a superhero red cape of course!
* The details. It’s not that I feel that everything has to be perfect…. I just enjoy throwing together little details. And I won’t tell you about how I stressed out because my chevron patterned straws and coordinating bags for take-home treats didn’t arrive in time.
And the capes? The capes were all made by my incredibly talented friend, Allison. She created one for each child, complete with their very own initial. And more? She also designs and creates the most gorgeous fabric banners and dresses (many which Audrey Rose gets to wear!)… and even better.. she has FINALLY decided to take custom orders. So excited for some of my client’s upcoming shoots I have with some of her items. Feel free to email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information… I will tell you she will only take on a few orders at a time so you better hurry if you want to get on her list!
* Also a HUGE thank you to my momma for making the dipped marshmallows and dipped pretzels and for my little sister for making the dipped oreos… I’m telling you … I couldn’t do this all by myself!
* Oh, my big four-year-old. Not only is he as sweet as they come, but he also really loves his baby sister.
* My crew. No, seriously. From the left, my friend Allison (that also made the capes!), my little sister Lindsay and my Momma. Who always, always arrive way too early to the party and help me set up.
* This is how Babaloo starts his performances at birthday parties. And the fun never stops!!!
* I mean, seriously…. look at those smiles!!! Yes, the parties do take a bit to plan and put together but in the end… doesn’t this make it all worthwhile??
* And I can’t say enough good things about Babaloo. He does free concerts around St. Louis as well occasionally… I highly suggest you go find him!
* I spy some gorgeous new hair sprouting from Roxie’s gorgeous head… For all my Team Roxie fans, Roxie is doing amazing!!
* Loved that all the littles were way more interested in snacking then being with those crazy, dancing three and four-year-olds!
* Props to myself for making the decision to hold this party NOT at my house. Because when you’re having this much fun, things are bound to get messy!
And that, my friends, is how we celebrated Jacob’s 4th birthday party. I can’t wait to see what the Fantastic Fours have in store for us this year